CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Random Post about Ken Dolls

My girls are fully in the Barbie stage. Vela and Cora and any number of other little neighborhood girls play for hours at a time with the Barbies at our house. They girls totally scored lots of fun Barbies and cool clothes for them for Christmas, so their Barbies are well dressed and highly fashionable. But all the Ken dolls around here were picked up used off the classifieds. Some came with no clothes and others came barely dressed. I haven't had the time or desire to whip up clothes for the Ken dolls and there is no way I'm paying full price for them. So since there is a shortage around here, there are a lot of cute Barbies dancing with naked Kens. Is it just me or is it creepy seeing Ken dolls laying around naked? They don't even have the little textured nude colored underwear like the Barbie dolls do. Anyway I got sick of seeing them and decided to draw some boxers on all of the dolls. It is a huge improvement. Just check out the 2 Kens below and see the difference.

By the way what is up with the poor black Ken having a baby blue butterfly tattoo on his chest? Creepy right? 
Well black Ken got boxers too after this picture so that helps his appearance a lot. Maybe I could turn the blue butterfly into a black bat or something more manly using the same sharpie that added the shorts... Anyway enough of this random post. Just rest assured that our Barbie dances are being held at a much higher level of modesty around here! 

2 comments:

Kim said...

I just read this post, got a black sharpie, and colored boxers on our Ken dolls as well. Thank for the idea, they do look 100 times better.

Jessica F. said...

I am dying laughing right now. The underwear and the TATTOO. Amazing!