CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Cora is here!!!

Cora Suliana Kay Katoa
Born June 11th and welcomed home on June 15th
She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 20 inches long and she is perfect in every way!!
Little Hema and Vela are so excited to have the new little sister that they have hoped and prayed for, finally join our family. Truly we have heard the most faith filled, melt your heart prayers out of these two as they have prayed for our adoption work. They knew that they had younger siblings yet to join the family and have shown faith beyond that of Hema and myself.
(Why is this picture sideways you ask?? Because we got a new computer and I can't get it to rotate. I know it is user error! Ugh!!! But she is still adorable sideways!)

You may be wondering why we have waited nearly a week to post about this sweet little
one.... well, there were some legal complications and we were advised not to post until both parents had signed their relinquishment papers.

Last Tuesday Cora's amazing birth mother, Krychele, signed and placed Cora with us. It was truly an act of selfless love. She loves Cora with all of her heart and made the choice to place her based on that love. We are so very happy that we get to continue to see and talk with her and her wonderful family. We feel like each time we adopt, our family grows by many more than just one baby!
Today, Cora's birth father, Uziel, signed. He showed so much courage and strength as he chose what he felt was best for his daughter, over what he might want now. Our hearts are so full as we recognize what amazing love it took for him to sign the papers without his family's support. We are so grateful to have an open relationship with him and although we have not had the privilege of meeting Uziel's family yet, we hope to get to know his parents who raised such an amazing son.
Please pray for our sweet birth parents and their families. We love them and are eternally grateful for them!

Miracles really do happen. We can't even begin to put into words what amazing things have come about in order for our sweet little Cora to come to our family. We know that she is meant to be with us. We are so grateful and humbled my the many, many prayers that helped make this all possible. Just another reminder that our Father in Heaven is aware of us and loves us. Our prayers have truly been answered today!

21 comments:

Rachelle said...

oh im sooooo happy for you and your family!!!! she is beautiful!! what amazing birth parents you have. there's no words to describe how truly amazing they are. this made my day! i'm sooo happy for you. i'm sure you guys are tired now - let me know what i can do to help in any way! love, love, your family. congratulations again. we will keep your birth families in our prayers.

dannyhaley said...

WOW!!! We are SO happy and excited for you! She is beautiful, and we are thrilled for the new addition in your family! What a wonderful time for your family. Can't wait to see her sometime soon.

Brandi said...

Yeah! We are super excited for your family. We can't wait to see her again.

Heather said...

I have been checking your blog everyday waiting for this post. So happy for you. I am glad things fell into place. Can't wait to see more pictures of her.

Marcus Lane said...

yes yes yes! so awesome

C and T & Co. said...

I am so happy for you family Becky! We heard on Sunday and I have been checking your blog ever since. :) What a sweet little spirit and a wonderful family she gets to be a part of! I am so glad that she has such sweet pictures with each of her birth parents - a momento she will treasure! I would love to help you, too if you need anything!

Carlie

Brittany said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Jessica F. said...

She is so beautiful. What an amazing story of faith, patience, and love. We are praying for your family and your courageous birth parents! They are amazing.

We can't wait to see her!

Kim said...

Becky and Hema,
I'm so happy for you and your family. What a beautiful new addition. Your Father in Heaven has heard your prayers, and knows the faith and patience that you both have. Congratulations! Cora's birth parents are beautiful and strong, and we will pray for them as well.

Anonymous said...

Becky and Hema! I am so soo excited for everyone and how everything worked out. You are such an amazing family and I could tell that from the few minutes I spent with you at Wingers! We will continue to keep your beautiful family in our prayers.
Love, Mickey Family!

clarke fam said...

Hooray!! Hooray!!

Alli said...

I'm so happy! She's perfect!

Nate and Julie said...

Congratulations! What a sweet story and what a beautiful baby! We are so happy for you!

Laurie said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl. My little baby has the middle name of "Kay" also. What a wonderful blessing for your family!!

Wendy W. said...

Yippee! Congratulations. I am so happy for your sweet family! She is a beautiful girl and I'm so glad the birth parents chose you. :) You are an amazing mom.

Kimberly Ferguson said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for your openess and love. We love you all. Kiss precious Cora for us.

Kelli said...

congratulations. She is a lucky little girl to be part of your family.

Ashley said...

What a cute little girl. We need to see more pictures. I am so excited for your whole family.

The Pixton Family said...

We are so happy for you guys. What an amazing answer to LOTS of prayers!

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats on the new Katoa addition!

Nancy said...

Amazing Pictures. Amazing Story. Amazing Baby. Amazing Family!!