CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Hemaloto is Five!!

I can hardly believe that my sweet little boy is already five years old!
At his 5 year check up Hema was 44 pounds (75th %) and just over 46 inches (95th%) and he is healthy a such a smart, happy and good boy. He is such a good brother to his two sisters. We just love him so much! 
 He has been so excited about his birthday. He has been planning his birthday party for what seems like the last 9 months and he absolutely loved every minute of it. He really wanted a Batman party where everyone was batman. So we decided to do a Jr batman Training Camp.  
  
Some of the party gear.
They started out on a scavenger hunt to track down villains and earn their capes. Look how intense daddy Hema's face is explaining their task. It was pretty funny after he explained what the bad guys were and then asked if any of them knew any of the bad guys. Hema's friend Luke (in the yellow shirt) said, "I know a really bad guy from the book of Mormon - Satan!" Totally cracked me up! 
Some of the kids in their newly earned capes. I procrastinated starting these until midnight before the party and stayed up until 4:30 am working on them! Thankfully my sweet hubby stayed up with me and helped me get them finished rather than telling me what a crazy person I am,  because the kids loved them. 
Throwing darts at the bad guys.

Hema loved the dart game!!

This was supposed to be a relay were they passed "bombs" (those grenade looking water balloons) down the line.
But instead it turned into the kids all throwing the balloons at Daddy Hema. Way more fun! 
Posing in the masks!
Hema wanted a doughnut instead of a cake. 
His favorite present was the flag football set his dad gave him so that they can practice for his games this fall. Hema is unbelievably excited for flag football to start...oh and Little Hema is excited too! haha! 
Batman pinata!
Later that night we went to Hema's parents house and this is the cake his awesome sister Salote had made for Hema. Pretty cool hamburger cake if you ask me! 
Mani, Hema, Vela and Aunti Salote

All in all it was a wonderful day. Hema loved all the phone calls and birthday wishes and is so proud to be 5 and ready for kindergarten and other "big kid stuff." We love you Hema and are soooo grateful that 5 years ago your sweet birth mother, Katie, decided that you needed a mom and a dad and placed you in our family! You have brought more joy to us than words can express! Can't wait to see what an amazing young man you grow into!  

4 comments:

Jessica F. said...

You are the most fun mom I know! I love the capes and the whole party idea.


SWEET CAKE!

Natalie said...

What an awesome Batman birthday party. I am so impressed that you made all those capes! I can't get over the hamburger birthday cake. It is so cute. Happy Birthday to Hema!

Jensen Family said...

Happy Birthday Hema! I can't believe that you are 5! You are going to do AWESOME in kindergarten! Becky, you never cease to amaze me--the capes are so cute!

The Pixton Family said...

Awesome party! Way to go on the capes you over-achiever you!