CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

What a fun week!

We always get together with my family on Sunday morning for conference. We eat griddle cakes and other yummy food for breakfast and then watch conference as a family. It is such a fun tradition. I always remember my dad tracing our hands in his journals while I was growing up. Here he is tracing Vela's hand. There is a huge tree with a fun swing that the kids love to swing in. All the kids love to help grandpa feed the horses.
The weather has been great this week! We even got out to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens on Tuesday! It was so warm and beautiful. The kids had so much fun running around and love the big waterfalls there. We had a picnic lunch and wandered around for a few hours.
On Wednesday Hema's preschool class was talking about nests. He helped me make these little nest treats for his classmates and was so excited to take them to school. Every holiday has been extra fun this year because Hema really gets it now. He was so excited to see what the Easter Bunny would bring him. He kept telling me that the Easter Bunny always brings bubbles, so I had to make a quick trip to the store last night and pick up a bubble gun so that he wouldn't be disappointed!
Our neighborhood does a egg hunt. It is really fun, even if it is raining! We had a great day and Daddy Hema even got some fishing in. By 5:30 we had eaten dinner and bathed the kids and the were excited to put on their new jammies.
I love reading with my kids! My parents gave me this book when I was 5 years old and I can remember them reading to me from it.
We are hoping to get the kids to bed early tonight, tomorrow will be a big day. Not only is it Easter, but Vela will be 18 months old tomorrow and it will be her first time to go to nursery! We are hoping she loves it. My neighbor Tami and her husband were just called as her teachers. Tomorrow afternoon my Dad and Grandpa are coming for lunch! (My Mom is in Virginia with Jess and her family.) Happy Easter!!!!!

2 comments:

watsit2u said...

what book is that? (you know I just have to ask!) I love the look of eagerness in Little Hema's eyes in the pic with the nests! You are a great mom! You and Vela will both survive first day in the nursery...and I think Tami being there will help a lot!

Jessica F. said...

You are the best! Mom and I loved all the pictures. I loved the nests that you made... you are so creative!
Hema and Vela are lucky to have you. You rock!!!!