I don't know about you, but I have had the hardest time finding a good gift to give at a baptism. I've tried journals, necklaces, tie tacks, decorated CTR letters and several other gifts. I didn't really love any of those gifts. When I was called as Primary president, I wanted to do something consistent for the children in our ward. I searched and searched and when I came across this tutorial, I knew that I had found our gift. These towels come together really quickly, can be customized with different fabrics, are fairly cheap and are super cute! Here are a couple I whipped up last night. I bought the 6 pack of white towels from Costco. they are pretty big and nice and I think it was around $20. Then I have just used various scraps of fabric I already had. One thing I did was make the CTR a little bigger than the pattern. I just think it looks better since the towels are good sized.
I love making them for the kids in my primary and our family members and am glad that I don't have to worry about trying to find the right gift anymore. I totally recommend you making one of these for the next baptism you attend - unless it is one in my ward or family!!!! (No fair stealing my gift idea!)

2 comments:
These are so cute! I love them and think you are so creative. I wish I was more crafty! Call us next time you are at the zoo, we will meet you there and get you in for FREE!
Those turned out AMAZING! You are so talented Becks!
Post a Comment