CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sick a roo ski!

Well we have had a LONG week!! A week ago Monday Vela's ear started leaking some nasty stuff. She has tubes and sure enough, she had an ear infection. We started in with the antibiotics and ear drops. By Friday her ear was still oozing so I took her back into the Dr and that ear was worse and the other ear was infected too! Ughh!!! So they gave her 2 antibiotic shots that day, then 2 more on Saturday and the last 2 on Monday. Poor kid. Every time she sees her legs she points to it and says, "Ouch Dr shot Vela leg." She also has had a little coughing off and on. So we of course postponed her hernia surgery. It will be sometime in the next 4-6 weeks.

Last Friday we got to go see Hunter dance. She danced a solo and it was awesome. Unfortunately Vela's ears were bugging her so we missed Halle's dance. Here are Hunter and Hema.
The kids have been so sick of being in the house and Hema has been begging to go paint. So for FHE we went to Color Me Mine. Hema and Vela each painted a mug. They had a great time!
Vela is finally starting to feel better. One ear is all cleared up and the other is doing much better. Then of course, yesterday I started to get sick. I think I was just really tired and worn out from not sleeping and worring about Vela. I was pretty much in bed all day yesterday. Luckily the kids had a blast doing this:
We are sooo ready for all of us to be feeling good. Being sick sure makes you appreciate being well!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Amen! Sometimes we don't appreciate our good health.

Thanks so much for coming to watch Hunter do her solo. That meant a lot to her and me. She has been working on it for months. You guys are the best. Jason couldn't believe you were there with poor sick Vela, but the real kicker was that Hema(the dad) came. What a tropper.
P.S. Hema is adorable too!

Jessica F. said...

What a week! I am so glad you are starting to feel better.